Thursday 11 September 2008

Canon A-530,Service Experience GK Vale

GK vale famous for its digital photography and its services.No doubt in Bangalore they have aggressively branded their name and reputaion in the digital Photo prints.And Marketing for the digital cameras.

I have bought Canon A-530 camera from them an 2 years before .I didnt have any issue with the camera techinically I would have taken more than 1500 photo shots with this camera.But I have faced the common problem the every user of this digital camera faces the shutter door opening and closure problem.The digital camera front door wont open properely and get jammed in between.Though it was not affecting the functionality of the camera I didnt bother much.

Even in thent it has never been highlighted as a big issue.But then I thought of giving a try from GK vale and the response for Camera service.They have given me 2years +1 more year extended warranty for this model during my purchase time.

I have made a call to GK vale office at Koramangala where I have bought this Camera.A lady picked up the call and told me to come to the office.I have visited their office.When I told them that I have a problem the immediate response was for camera service you need to take it to malleshwaram and responded to me that as if they are not responsible.Then I have showed the bill and the extended warranty card then with the lot of hesitation he took the camera for service.He said it will take 15 days and above to get the camera get serviced .

I have made several calls to them but they are little linient but then replied me .I went to take back the camera the basic problem didnt get solved .It took nearly 2o days and then they kept with them .

After a few days I got a call from a guy from canaon asking what is the problem with the camera .I was surprised to hear such a call .I then explained to him.It took another 20 days.So finally with a lot of frustration I made a call to them after 10days.They said your camera was ready.I was checking the shutter problem it was ok.

At the end it took almost 55 days close to 2 months get it corrected for this small problem and I am not very happy with the attitude of the guys who are at front office and their response.

Every company will have some sense of arrogance once they are established with the brand.I think whether the owners of this studio are having that feeling or not but then some of their employees are there to Tarnish their big brand image what they have.

It is a bitter fact that is not with GK vale but every were.So be patient when you are going to GK vale for your camera repair next time.

No comments: