Tuesday 28 October 2008

Conflicting certificate problem in IE 7 in Vista

Internet Explorer 7 adds new visual cues and features that make it easy for a user to see whether they are on a secure site, and to check that the certificate matches the site they are visiting.

certificateerror

But I have been facing the certificate conflict problem with Vista I E 7 combination while visiting some of the sites.I don’t have any problem by opening with the Mozilla browser’s which examine the certificate to us and I could able to access to the sites.

This could be over come by installing the certificate in the key stores. You need to open the open the IE explorer as an administrator and install the certificates and then restart. It solves the problem.

 

Open IE with administrator access

certificate.

I

certi

 

If the problem still persist have a look on the following link for reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749296.aspx

No comments: