Sunday 19 October 2008

To view TV program through Laptops

I have an IBM Thinkpad while purchase the default operating system was with Windows Vista home premium.It contains the media centre features .I was just cranking my head to find out how to connect the cable television and view the channels in my Laptop.I have just digged and then I found out that my Laptop has a limitation of the TV tuner card which is not a part of it  to support.

Just wondering how shall I proceed with that..By the time when I purchased the laptop Vista has been Launched in the market and it is a 4 months old baby.The set back I have noticed was none of the major TV tuner card supports vista by that time.I was just hunting for an good External TV tuner card for my Laptop and I got the answer.

At that time IPALMTOP-TVa have just seen the review of Winfast Palmtop TV  which is the only external device to support Vista.I just took a try for buying this model.It was Rs3600/-(ApproxUS $90).I have installed the software  and finally my issue got resolved.I could watch the TV program in my LCD screen of my Laptop computer.

  

External USB TV tuners are a dime a dozen these days, but with DIY media PCs still growing in popularity, we can expect to see even more devices like Leadtek's WinFast PalmTop TV before the flood of products tapers off. This Japanese model features a high-speed USB 2.0 connection, hardware-based MPEG-1/2/4 and AVI encoding, and a wireless remote, along with a suite of bundled software for TV watching, recording, and DVD authoring. PALMTOP-TV

 

Some of the Key Features are :

  • Enjoy NTSC/PAL TV on Desktop or Laptop PC for high quality entertainment
  • USB 2.0 Interface Powered:
    Plug-and Play & no extra power adapter required (like a memory device)
  • Noiseless and elegant designs
  • Fully-Functional Remote Control:PALMTOP-TVb
    With use of a single power-off button, users can now switch off PC at ease.
  • 23* Sec. high speed full-channel scan
  • Support De-Interlacing for the best video quality
  • Picture-In-Picture (PIP)
    2 channel programs processing at same time and master video can be alternative. The slave video can be displayed with any size and anywhere
  • Time-Shifting:
    You can pause, rewind live television and  instant replays. Take your breaks during a TV show or movie and never miss a scene again.
  • You can schedule your TV recordings on a daily, weekly or once only
  • Capture Format Profile:
    • Support real-time video recording in MPEG-1/2/4*2 (MPEG4 is compatible with DivX or Microsoft MPEG4, related MPEG 4 codec needed)
    • Analog video sources input via AV/S video connector
    • Support still image capture in JPEG or BMP format
    • Support TV audio decoder, including MTS/EIAJ/A2/NICAM
  • User-friendly and powerful PVR application
    • TV/Video wallpaper function.
    • Support playlist for video/audio playback, several files can be played seamlessly as one file. It can play with a Cool Command remote control and hot-key with keyboard
    • Make pre-scheduled recordings of TV programs, to achieve the features of Video & Audio On Demand
    • Multiple channel preview with "Channel Surfing in a Snap"
  • Bundle software:
    Ulead® Videostudio® 9 SE, Ulead DVD MovieFactory™ 4 SE, Ulead® Cool 3D™SE, Cyberlink® Power DVD® 6

2leadtec

Review comments on Leadtek Winfast Palmtop TV

Recently so many external TV tuner cards are in place.But when I asked for the local computer vendor about this TV tuner card.He said that he cant guarantee the performance of any external TV tuner card and he is getting lot of complaints from the market .But not about this particular model.Even the popular digital magazine has rated as best model.If you want to ask my experience for the past one year I didn't find any problem.I use this mainly to record some TV program and it does the job fairly well.After proper evaluation I felt the decision is ok and it does the Job.leadtek3

But whatever the software's they have mentioned are not much usable apart from the TV Tuner driver software because I have experienced some bugs in the U lead video studio and U lead DVD movie factory(any way those are all freebies only). I couldn't edit any movies may be it might not have supported vista that point in time.

So any one who wish to buy an external TV tuner card for LAPTOP can consider this particular device .

I would rate Winfast palmtop TV as Good.

No comments: