Thursday 2 October 2008

Movie maker-Green Bar Problem in Vista

I have downloaded some video clipping from Youtube and converted then into .avi video format and was trying to publish the movie.I have tried publising the movies t eachj and every time there is a green bar appearing at the bottom of the screen more tah 1/3 of the screen portion was with green bar.

I have googled and found that it is one of the bug from Vista ..All the forums which I have searched pointed out the popular solution of BERNNIE ZIMMERMANN


"I have discovered how bad native MPEG4 decoding is under Vista (it seemed to be dropping framerate or something - jerky panning) and found another solution. (re-enable the XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder again if you turned it off using my previous instruction).

Go to . In the options, choose and click

This still utilises the XVid MPEG4 codec and resolved the half green screen issue. "

I have tried as suggested by him.Then I could notice that Xvid codecs not installed in the system .I have downloaded and then installed the XVid and followed the instructions mentioned the issue still persisted..

I was just blinking and browsing again and again..I couldnt get any input further more.

Then I just tried installing the latest vista codecs package..

I dont have any clue whether the installation is proper or not.But to my surprise I tried publishing the movie ..I have noticed that the windows green bar problem had completely eliminated.ALSO I have noticed the video clips down loaded from youtube was compatible and redable by any player.

"Vista Codec Package does not contain a media player. It does not associates filetypes. With this package installed you will be able to use any media player (limited by the players capabilities) to play DVD's, movies and video clips such as quicktime, realmedia, avi, mpeg, Flv, swf, wmv, etc. Streaming video is supported in most web browsers. By default you shouldn't need to make any adjustments to enjoy your media content immediatelyAfter installing the codecs package .."


I hope my experience will help for some one to fix this issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks and the solution is correct.It is a codecs issue with Vista.Please down load the latest Vista codecs.



George Stephen